Illustrate Your Life: Sketching and Drawing in Pen and Watercolor – Steven Reddy
Steven Reddy Workshop,
Tuesday and Wednesday
August 14-15, 2018
5 in stock
Steven Reddy draws detailed illustrations of urban scenes, cluttered interiors and complex still-lifes on location in ink and watercolor. He is the author of Everyday Sketching and Drawing: Five Steps to a Unique and Personal Sketchbook Habit. Steven currently teaches Drawing and Illustration at Gage Academy in Seattle, teaches two popular on-line classes with Craftsy.com, is an active member of Urban Sketchers, and is kept busy with private commissions. Reddy has published three large format illustrated memoirs which showcase drawings spanning 40 years from his obsessive sketchbook diaries: Now Where Was I? An Illustrated Memoir; This Is Then, That Was Now; and Perfect World: A Sketchbook Journal.
Learn how to create contour drawings, grisaille underpaintings, and watercolor glazes as you develop your unique illustrative style. Simplify complex scenes into initial sketches that are light and loose. Then, learn how to create a grisaille (grayscale) underpainting that brings extraordinary dimension to your subjects. Then use a limited watercolor palette to enhance your work with harmonious color.
- Uni-Ball Vision waterproof pens, fine (.7 mm) and micro (.5 mm) points (available in class for $3 each)
- Waterproof India Ink (Black) (not Higgins!)
- Kneaded eraser
- Watercolor brushes, Rounds #4 and 6
- Graphite pencil 2B or softer
- Watercolor paints (Travel set of 12 max)
- Montval Multi-purpose 90 lb sketchbook (or similar all-purpose paper)
- 2 or 3 small containers for water and ink mixtures (1-oz glass jars will be available in class for $2 each)