Alla Prima Figure Painting with David Shevlino
-Brushes: filberts, flats of varying sizes. Avoid soft synthetic brushes and brights. Natural bristle and/or STIFF synthetic are best. Silver Bristlon or Rosemary Ivory series.
For a natural bristle, any good quality manufacturer will do. (Robert Simmons, Silver brush recommended). Bring at least 2 brushes which are ¾” and 1” wide.
- Medium: refined linseed oil, but not cold pressed (NO STAND OIL)
- Odorless paint thinner for rinsing/cleaning brushes.
- Rags or paper towels.
- Palette AT LEAST 11 x 14 or bigger.
- Neutrally toned gray canvas or panel: Use Dick Blick matte acrylic
“warm gray” for toning.
- Panel/canvas: size range 14 x 18 to 16 x 20 inches. Students need 1-2 canvas/panels for each day of the workshop.
- Paint cups or old cans. Bring jars or cans for your thinner at least 3” in diameter. Jar with lid for used paint thinner.
Cadmium red light
Cadmium orange or equivalent
Cadmium yellow light